Saturday, January 20, 2007


This is my beautiful wife. I just got my new Westcott Apollo 16" Softbox and decided to snap a few to test it out. I really like it, although its small. Really just for headshot and maybe some small product shots. Compared to a larger softbox or umbrella you cant move it that far from the subject but for what it is its nice.

My biggest complaint with it is that you cant really fit the flash in it when its on an umbrella adapter. Its just too tall. I just kinda hung it outta the zipper on the bottom. Ill post some pictures of this next time I get it out.

(both) D200
85mm 1.8
f3.5
250th sec
sb800 camera left 16" apollo sb600 camera right 42" umbrella
Post processing: Actually very minimal most in raw. A little dodge and burn in Photoshop and removed catchlight from umbrella
yeah i get this look alot.

No comments: