Friday, March 16, 2007



Well I have had the same Toshiba laptop for about 4 years now and surprisingly enough it really wasn't all that dated. It might have only 516 megs of ram but aside from that it was still well in its prime at 2.4 ghz with a 17inch monitor. It also was in pristine condition. ASIDE from one thing. The darn AC Adapter.

Toshibas are notorious for the AC plug going out and guess what in order to fix it they have to replace the motherboard with cost just as much as a new one.

So after a little tinkering with the soldering gun I just decided to buy a new one. (Or maybe its the fact that it took me about 4 hours to get the darn thing apart) I am sure someone that is a little more technically inclined might be able to rig some crazy direct wires into the thing but honestly its just not worth it. Esp the thought of it breaking again just when you need it.

I got a nice little Sony VAIO. Small and light but not too small. 15inch screen should be plenty big enough for slide shows at weddings. The new Windows VISTA is pretty sweet and the built in photo slide show should be perfect. I am one of those people that really was skeptical about switching to VISTA, I just know its gonna have problems. A few friends mentioned only minor things and since you cant find a new laptop without it I guess I'll give it a try.

No comments: